An ordinary funeral procession moves along its path from church to cemetery. Observing, you slip from reality into a place where time has lost its linearity, looping through the odd images thrown off by a distorted reality. Images of non-existence, of varying reflections of death issuing from both past and future, concrete yet abstract, horrible yet desirable.
A family asks a young psychiatrist to be their guest for a while to untangle the circumstances of their father’s illness. He’s developed a suicidal fixation for ropes and knots among other things. While deeply involved in analyzing the patient’s delirium, the doctor begins to lose track of what is taking place. The task of “how to help” is twisted into “who am I - a doctor or a patient? Chance guest, member of this suffering family, or a catholic priest who has dreamed this all up?” In order to get a handle on it all, it’s best to start from the beginning, but why do things keep shifting, changing?
- First Prize - Baghdad International Film Festival, Iraq.
- Nomination for the “Best Director Award”. Fantasporto, 33rd Oporto International Film Festival. Porto, Portugal
- Nomination for the “National Ukrainian Film Award”. Odessa International Film Festival. Ukraine
- Nomination for the “Grand-Prix”. Zerkalo, Tarkovsky International Film Festival. Ples, Russia
- Nomination for the “Best Feature Film”. Tirana International Film Festival. Albania
- Art Film Fest Trenčianske Teplice / Trenčín, Slovakia
- Pune International Film Festival. India
- Yashwant International Film Festival. India
- International Film Festival of India. Goa
- Cine//B Film Festival. Santiago de Chili
- Kaunas International Film Festival. Lithuania
- Artishock – ArtFestival. Koktebel, Ukraine
- “KinoLev”. Festival of Independent Cinema. Lviv, Ukraine
- 31st International Film Festival of Uruguay. Montevideo
WRITTEN, DIRECTED, PRODUCED AND EDITED BY Ihor Podolchak
PRODUCERS: Ihor Dyurych / Tamara Podolchak / Liliya Mlynarych
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Mykola Yefymenko
ART DIRECTOR: Svitlana Makarenko
MUSIC BY Oleksandr Schetynsky
SOUND DIRECTING & SOUND DESIGN BY Myrоslav Kuvaldin
CAST: Volodymyr Khimyak, Lesya Voynevych, Petro Rybka, Olha Horbach, Olha Bakus, Ivan Kostenko, Vasyl Kostenko
Script & project development was financed by Hubert Bals Fund / International Film Festival Rotterdam, The Netherlands.